Scene color is not intended to work with HUD materials
I was not able use the 'Draw Material' node function in conjunction with 'SceneColor' within the HUD Blueprint. However, as soon as I deleted the 'SceneColor' node within the material editor, I was able to draw the material as desired.
The users original intention for wanting to use the 'SceneColor' node is to create a dynamic crosshair that samples the scene color and uses the opposite to display a clear crosshair. I.e. black background draws a white/bright crosshair and a white background draws a black/dark crosshair.
I have provided a set of images and highlighted areas which are important to enable/disable for testing.
1. Create a new Blank FPS Template w/o Starter Content
2. Use the Images provided to Set up your blueprint and material for testing.
3. After getting set up, Play in Editor (PIE).
4. Observer how the Crosshair draws on the screen
5. Go back into your HUD Crosshair Material and connect the Scene Color to the Lerp. Use image as reference.
6. Compile, Save, and Play in Editor.
7. Notice the Crosshair no longer draws on the screen.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.