When a component written in code has it's category setting changed in blueprint the rest of the details for that component will not be editable once the component is deselected and reselected.
1. Open UE4 Editor (any project)
2. Add code to project based on actor (MyActor)
3. Add the following to MyActor header file:
UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = SkillProjectile) UParticleSystemComponent* particle;
4. Add the following to MyActor source file (in the constructor):
RootComponent = CreateDefaultSubobject<USceneComponent>(TEXT("scene")); particle = CreateDefaultSubobject<UParticleSystemComponent>(TEXT("particle")); particle->AttachTo(RootComponent);
6. Create blueprint based on MyActor
7. In component tab select Particle(inherited)
8. In Details tab expand Skill Projectile drop down
9. Change Particle System Component to None
10. Click empty space to deselect Particle component
11. Reselect Particle component
No options for the component will be visible to edit.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.
|Component||UE - Gameplay - Blueprint|
|Created||Mar 27, 2015|
|Resolved||Apr 29, 2015|
|Updated||Apr 27, 2018|