BRANCH: UE4 - Main
Using the Reimport LOD1 drop down in the Static Mesh Editor will create new material slots each time instead of overwriting the existing ones.
1. Open the QAGame Editor
2. Import a Static Mesh and place the static mesh in the level
3. Open the imported Static Mesh in the Static Mesh Editor
4. Under LOD Settings >> LOD Import, Import another Static Mesh into LOD Level 1
5. Notice the numer of material slots
6. Under LOD Settings >> LOD Import, Reimport the same Static Mesh from Step 4 into LOD Level 1
7. Look at the Details Panel for the selected Static Mesh.
New Material Slots are created after each reimport
Existing Material Slots are replaced and no new slots are generated.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-1394 in the post.