When using World Support or Asset Defined Support on a Destructible mesh that is spawned in, if the static world geometry is spawned in after the DM it will not be supported. However, if the static geometry is spawned in first the DM will be supported.
Sample Project attached. Built with 4.8 CL- 2522625
1. Open UE4
2. Create a DM with World Support flag set to True
3. Set the DM Support Depth to 1
4. Create a BP with the DM
5. Create a basic static mesh in BP set to static
6. Spawn in both DMs based on Key press (see attached image)
7. Spawn in Static BP first then DM BP, when it fractures it will be supported
8. Spawn in DM BP then Static BP, When it fractures it will NOT be supported
1. Open attached project
2. Press F then G, Spawns WALL then DM, wait for fracture and it will be supported
3. Press G then F, Spawns DM then WALL, wait for fracture and it will NOT be supported
Results: The DM is not supported when it is spawned before static world geometry.
Expected: The Dm will be supported by any static world geometry whether it is spawned before or after the Static geometry.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.