"Play" node in the Blueprint Editor does not restart the animation when it is triggered.
Problem crops up when somebody wants to replay the animation assigned to the skeletal mesh more than once.
1. Create a third person blueprint project from the template
2. Create a new blueprint of that class "actor"
3. Add a skeletal mesh component
4. Assign the Mannequin mesh to it
5. Change the animation Mode to "Use Animation Asset"
6. Assign the Walk animation to the Anim To Play slot
7. Disable Looping and Playing
8. In the event graph, set up a delay and a play node in a loop (see attached)
Result: Animation will only play one time
Expected: Animation play's every time the "Play" node is triggered
10. Try this with a "Play Animation" node instead (must assign the anim sequence in the node)
Result: "Play Animation" is retriggerable
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.