We've discussed sweeping all components (not just root), but no plans for it at the moment
Sweep on Set Actor Location is ignored for all components that aren't the Blueprint's root.
Reproduced in 4.7.6 and Main (//depot/UE4/Promotable-CL-2568226)
1. Open any project
2. Create a new Actor Blueprint
3. Add a Scene Component (as the root)
4. Add a Static Mesh Component
5. Apply a mesh to the Static Mesh Component
6. Place the Actor in the level near a Static Mesh Actor with collision
7. In the Level Blueprint, create the following:
9. Hit M
The Blueprint Actor will move through the Static Mesh Actor, even though Sweep is enabled. The same does not happen if the Static Mesh Component is the root.
Any component with collision is included calculating Sweep results
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.