By design - Problem caused by floating point precision errors
'Greater/Lesser Than or Equal To' nodes do not work consistently with values lower than 1
Note: The issue isn't present with whole numbers (ex: 10 decremented by 1)
1. Open QA-Game
2. Create an actor class bp & open it
3. Create a Float type variable
4. Set the default value for the Float to '1.0'
5. In the Event Graph, create the bp in screenshot #01
6. Set the Float and the Bool result to Watch
7. Compile & save
8. Place the bp into the level
9. In the Details panel > Input > Auto Receive Input > Change to 'Player 0'
11. Press the E key to decrement the Float value
Results: When the Float reaches a value of '.1' the 'Greater Than or Equal To' node fails to recognize that '.1' is equal to '.1'
Note: This setup works correctly with whole numbers (ex: 10 decremented by 1)
Expected: For the value of '.1' to be recognized as greater than or equal to '.1'
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.
|Component||UE - Gameplay|
|Affects Versions||4.7.6, 4.8, 4.9|
|Created||Jun 8, 2015|
|Resolved||Jun 10, 2015|
|Updated||Jul 14, 2021|