If the UPROPERTY() specifier "VisibleDefaultsOnly" or "EditDefaultsOnly" is used on a component reference that is attached to the root component selecting the actor with this component in the world outliner causes a crash. This crash did not occur in 4.7.6 binary version (Regression).
Working CL: 2515172
Broken CL: 2521032
edit MattK: See answer hub log messages "Template Mismatch during attachment. Attaching instanced component to template component. Parent 'SceneRoot' Self 'MyTrigger'". Not editor bug.
1. Open UE4 in 4.8 (any project)
2. Add class to project based on Actor (MyActor)
3. In header file, add the following:
4. In the Source file, add the following to the constructor:
6. Create blueprint based on MyActor (MyActorBP)
7. Add instance of MyActorBP to the level
9. Find MyActorBP in world outliner and click it
Editor will freeze and crash
BP actor is selected in the outliner and in the level.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.