This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
If a user is logged into a Steam account with between 1 and ~10 friends (Max depends on resolution, as it'll push the excess off the screen) and they open the friends list multiple times, it'll duplicate the friends list, showing the same friends twice.
1. Log into a steam account with 1-10 friends (No more than 10 due to the risk of them not being able to fit within the window of Shooter Game)
2. Download Shooter Game from the Learn tab of the Unreal Launcher
3. Create a project for Shooter Game
4. Go to the project in the File Explorer and navigate to the Config folder
5. Open the 'DefaultEngine.ini'
6. Find and replace "SteamDevAppId=212960" with "SteamDevAppId=480"
7. Open project in the editor
8. Package the game for Windows-64 bit
9. Open the packaged game and select 'Host'
10. Once in game, hit Esc and select 'Friends' twice to open the friends list.
11. Close this menu and then hit Esc again and open the friends list again.
Result: All friends are shown twice in the list
Expected: No friends should be duplicated.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.
|Component||UE - Networking|
|Affects Versions||4.7.6, 4.8, 4.8.1, 4.13|
|Created||Jun 29, 2015|
|Resolved||Mar 26, 2018|
|Updated||Mar 26, 2018|