Calling a child's child in a child blueprint from a spawn actor from class node that is being called back to the child causes an error. Basically, when using the spawn actor node referencing the child blueprint, setting the return value as the child's child causes an error and warning.
Very similar to: [Link Removed]
1. Create a new blueprint Actor "Parent"
2. Create a new blueprint Actor "Child" which is a child of "Parent"
3. Create a new blueprint Actor "Child_Child" which is a child of "Child"
4. Create a new function "MyFunction" in "Child"
5. Add a "Spawn Actor from Class" node in the function, select "Child_Child" as the class and set the transform to all 0
6. Create a local variable "NewChild" of the type "Child"
7 .Connect the Actor output pin and execution pin from the "Spawn Actor" node to a "Set NewChild" variable setter node
8. Hit Compile
Result: A warning and error are populated on the spawn actor and set nodes.
Expected: Compilation without any trouble referencing the child's child.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.
|Component||UE - Gameplay - Blueprint|
|Created||Jun 29, 2015|
|Resolved||Jan 31, 2017|
|Updated||Jul 14, 2021|