APlayerController::ClientStartOnlineSession() checks PlayerState at the start of a game after loading a level. Due to time needed to load in, client player state may may return NULL
1. Open source version of editor (third person template)
2. Create custom GameMode class (MyGameMode)
3. In APlayerController.cpp add #include "Engine.h" as well as debug message to ClientStartOnlineSession_Implementation()
4. In MyGameMode.h add override statement for PostLogin() function
5. In MyGameMode.cpp add the following:
6. In the editor, click the drop down next to Play and select Advanced Settings
7. Set Number of Players to 2, Uncheck "Use Single Process"
8. Set Editor Multiplayer Mode to "Play As Listen Server"
9. Launch in standalone
The client window will show the playerstart has not been set yet (PlayerState == NULL)
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.