Assets referred from disabled Emitter will cooked and loaded in Game. And licensee wants to make ParticleSystem with some emitters and sometimes they want to keep emitters but disabled. But disabled emitter spent memory.
1. Make blank project.
1. Copy some StaticMeshes form Engine contents.
1. Make ParticleSystem.
1. Set MeshParticle for first emitter, and set some StaticMesh.
1. Make Emitter and set MeshParticle to it, and set other StaticMesh.
1. Disable second Emitter.
1. Place this ParticleSystem onto blank level and save level.
1. Set this level to Game Default map.
1. Packaging project to Windows 64 bit exe.
1. launch created exe.
1. console command "obj list class=staticmesh" to check StaticMeshes.
1. you can see StaticMesh that referred from disabled Emitter.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-20056 in the post.