If a scene component is added to a child blueprint and the parent blueprint is compiled, a log warning will appear that states:
"LogBlueprint:Warning: USimpleConstructionScript::FixupRootNodeParentReferences() - Couldn't find inherited parent component 'DefaultSceneRoot' for 'Scene1' in BlueprintGeneratedClass 'REINST_Child_C_43' (it may have been removed)"
It does not seem to have any affect on performance.
Repro steps provided by user:
1. Make a new project, open output log
2. Add new blueprint, based on actor, this is the parent.
3. First add a static mesh component to it then a scene component.
4. Compile. No warning in the log.
5. Make a new BP based on this, the child.
6. Add a scene component to it.
7. Compile. No warning.
8. Go back and compile the parent again, even tho it has not changed. The warning should show up.
If output log is open, warning appears in output log each time compile is pressed on parent blueprint.
No warning appears in output log.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.