This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
When using GetRefBonePose() on a USkeletalMesh's RefSkeleton, the given location is incorrect if the SkeletalMesh has been changed from one to another where both meshes share the same skeleton.
Also tried using GetRefLocalPoses on the SkeletalMesh's Skeleton with the same result.
You can find the relevant code in the project's RefPoseActor.cpp
Project: [Link Removed]
1. Download the project (Check the description as the file was too large to attach)
2. Unzip the file and then right-click the .uproject file to Generate Visual Studio project files
3. Once the .sln is generated, open it and compile (ctrl+shift+b) the project
4. When the compilation is complete, open the .uproject file to open the project
5. Press play and position the camera so that you are looking at the skeletal mesh's front and can see the blue debug line that is being drawn on it's palm
6. Press 5 to change the pose to an animation that is not the Tpose
7. Press 2 to change to another SkeletalMesh that has a different skeleton and notice that the blue debug line is staying where the palm was for the Tpose
8. Press 3 to change to another SkeletalMesh that has the same skeleton
Result: The blue debug line is being drawn at the palm's location in the animation
Expected: The blue debug line should be drawn at the location of the palm in the default TPose
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.