When changing Up Ratio for the Gear Setup in a Wheeled Vehicle's Vehicle Movement Component, there are some weird results. At 1.0 for Gear Setup, the gear should shift once RPM is at max but it will never happen if all gears are set to 1.0. If the 1st and 2nd gears are set to 1.0 but the rest are set to the default (0.65), it will shift gears at the same time as it would with all gears set to 0.65.
1. Create a new Blueprint project based off the Advanced Vehicle template
2. Press "Play" to play in the editor and hold W to make the vehicle move. Take note of at what speeds the vehicle shifts gears.
3. Open the Vehicle Blueprint in the Blueprint Editor
4. Select VehicleMovement (Inherited) from the Components window
5. In the Details panel,Transmission Setup section and then the Gear Setup.
6. Change the Up Ratio of Gear 1 and 2 to 1.0
7. Compile the blueprint and return to the Main Editor
8. Press "Play" and hold W to make the vehicle move.
Result: The vehicle shifts gears at the same amount of mp/h
Expected: The vehicle should take longer to switch between the first, second, and to the third gear.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.