This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
After calling Seamless Travel, actors in the level will not be in their original positions. The example provided by the licensee had a different result: the actors, despite having Start Awake disabled, would respond to gravity.
Reproduced in 4.10.1 binary. Licensee included a project in the UDN post, we reproduced a slightly different result in a new project.
1. Open a new blank C++ project
2. Create a new C++ GameMode class, "BaseGameMode"
3. Add this code to the .h:
4. Add this code to the .cpp:
6. In the editor, save the map as "StartMap"
7. In the editor, create a Blueprint based on BaseGameMode
8. In the BaseGameMode BP, enable Use Seamless Travel
9. Event Begin Play > Delay (2 sec) > Seamless Travel (LevelName = "StartMap")
10. Create an Actor Blueprint in the editor
11. Add a static mesh component
12. On the static mesh component, set Start Awake to False
13. Drag 3 instances of the BP into the level
After travel, the 3 BP instances are teleported to the same location. In the licensee's example, they started awake instead. Neither result is expected.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-24687 in the post.