Packaging a game to HTML5 disables the mouse and mouse over events on local host, which prevents any mouse functionality from working in a packaged project.
1. Open Editor (any project)
2. Create/open player controller, turn on mouse over events and show mouse cursor in the defaults pane
3. Compile, close
4. Create new actor blueprint
5. In actor blueprint, add a cube component
6. In event graph, add On Mouse Over event and a print string (any text). Connect the nodes' execution pins.
7. Compile, close the blueprint
8. Add a copy of the blueprint to the level in front of the player
9. Save, package the project for HTML5
10. Open project filepath and open html5launcherhelper.exe
11. Open Chromium or similar browser
12. Go to the server location listed in html5launcherhelper command window on the browser
Local host disables mouse events, project loads correctly otherwise.
Mouse events fire when you mouse over the blueprint asset in level.
Head over to the existing AnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.