Event Dispatchers do not update event references when renamed if the green "+" is used to add the event in the Details Pane of an actor component.
Note: Event Dispatchers appear to rename normally if "Bind Event" is used.
1. Open Editor (any project)
2. Create new Actor Component blueprint
3. In Actor Component, create new event, name "RenameThis", add String Input
4. Create new actor blueprint
5. Add created actor component to created blueprint
7. Call reference to component, create Listen "RenameThis" > add any input to the text pin
8. Create Event for Rename This in blueprint. Do not "Bind Event", use the Green "+" button
9. Create a print string node, attach to the Rename This event (both execution pin and print string pin)
11. In Actor Component, rename Event Dispatcher "RenameThis" to "DispatchRenamed"
12. Compile both blueprints
Event references to renamed actor do not update in other blueprints
Event references update or a warning appears for outdated references.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-27317 in the post.