This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
Get Ping in ms returns 9999 in a packaged game when tested on systems not on the same network. This does not prevent Client connection to the Server.
Note: my understanding is this would be caused by a firewall or port forwarding problem, but any efforts to disable the firewall do not change the result. There is no documentation on how to adjust this using the DefaultEngine.ini so if there's something we're missing there please let us know.
Reproduced in 4.9.2 binary, 4.10.4 binary, and 4.12 (//UE4/Dev-Main at CL 2875730)
1. Open the Multiplayer Shootout project
2. Package the game for Development or Shipping, Win64
3. Open the Steam client on on two systems on different networks
4. Open the packaged game on both systems
5. Hit Play on one instance of the game
6. Hit Find Games on the other
Ping is returned as 9999 on the found session
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.