Get Ping in ms returns 9999 in a packaged game when tested on systems not on the same network. This does not prevent Client connection to the Server.
Note: my understanding is this would be caused by a firewall or port forwarding problem, but any efforts to disable the firewall do not change the result. There is no documentation on how to adjust this using the DefaultEngine.ini so if there's something we're missing there please let us know.
Reproduced in 4.9.2 binary, 4.10.4 binary, and 4.12 (//UE4/Dev-Main at CL 2875730)
1. Open the Multiplayer Shootout project
2. Package the game for Development or Shipping, Win64
3. Open the Steam client on on two systems on different networks
4. Open the packaged game on both systems
5. Hit Play on one instance of the game
6. Hit Find Games on the other
Ping is returned as 9999 on the found session
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.