3D widgets attached to the camera render incorrectly when compared to the oculus rift. When the Widget is centered to the camera and attached to it in the Character BP the widget will render incorrectly placed. This can either lead to a cross-eyed feeling if both eyes are picking up the widget or it may only appear entirely in the right eye, but not the left.
Tested in 4.11.2 and 4.12.2 that are currently available for binary builds.
1. Open UE4 with FP Template or equivalent
2. Set Project up for Gear VR Deployment
3. Create a Widget that uses the 1920x1080 space
4. In your Character BP Add a Widget attached to the Camera
5. Select the Widget and set it to the Widget that was created.
6. Launch on Device
1. Open attached project
2. Launch to device
Results: Widget only renders in the right eye, or will render in both if pulled back far enough, but gives you a cross-eyed feeling.
Expected: Widget should render correctly for both eyes, similar to rendering on the Oculus rift.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.