Planar Reflections on mobile work well with single plane assets but not with anything with multiple sides, like a box.
4.13 Dev-Editor CL-3038075
1. Open a Mobile Project
2. Enable Planar Reflections in the Project Settings
3. Setup a reflective material and enable in its material attributes details panel Planar Reflection so that it supports forward rendering for mobile.
4. Apply the reflective material to the template floor in a default level
5. Add a Planar Reflection actor to the scene
6. Add some actors above the floor for it to reflect
7. Hit G for game view
8. Move the camera close to the floor plane and away
If using the attached project:
1. Open the level
2. Move the camera close to the floor around the table and chairs
Results: The box floor doesn't reflect the floor at farther distances, only up close.
Expected: Like the single plane floor in the attached image the reflection should be shown at farther distances.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.