In Sequencer, adding a Material Parameter track sets Parameter to Master Material defaults
If using attached project, skip to step 7
1. Create a blank project
2. Find the Cube mesh in the Editor Content and duplicate it to the content folder
3. Create a Material with a 4 vector parameter named color (make it green)
4. Generate a material instance from the material, then enable and modify the color parameter to be blue
5. Assign the Mat. Instance as the default for the copied cube
6. Add the cube to the level
7. Create a sequence and add the blue cube actor to it
8. Note that the material assigned to the cube is a material instance. The instance is blue, the parent is green.
9. Add a track to the cube for the StaticMeshComponent
10. Add a track for Material Element 0
11. Add a track for the Color Parameter
Result: Cube turns green. The keys that it automatically adds are the value of the parent material and not the values modified in the Material Instance
Expected: Cube remains blue with the default keys reflecting the modified parameter in the Material Instance
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.