Blueprint Library plugin set to 'Runtime' doesn't work in Standalone/packaged builds if used inside of the 1st Person Character BP.
Blueprint libraries are still broken in the final version of 4.14.0 They work fine in editor, but as standalone, they're just not there, and they're unpackageable.
The other problems I was having seem to be related to specifically extending the FirstPersonCharacter blueprint, bizarrely. Create a new blueprint, everything works fine. Edit the FPC BP and add it to the event graph, get random errors.
1. Create a 1st Person template 'Code' project
2. Once open, click the Settings icon > Plugins > New Plugin > Choose 'Blueprint Library' > Name it > Create it > Choose 'Restart Now'
3. Open the solution file
4. In the Solution Explorer, navigate to > Project name > Plugins > Plugin name > Then open the .uplugin
5. Change the 'Type' from 'Developer' to 'Runtime' (see Screenshot #1)
6. Build the project, then open it
7. Open the FirstPersonCharacter BP and add the setup from Screenshot #2 to the Event Graph (Tick > ExecuteSampleFunction node > PrintString)
8. Compile and save
9. PIE > Look at the printed value > Stop
10. Play in Standalone Game
Results: The function from the Blueprint Library plugin will not work in Standalone Game or a packaged project
Expected: For the function to work and the value to be printed in both PIE and Standalone Game/Packaged project
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.