- Go to QAGame->Rendering->GenMipsTest map.
- Launch on any platform
- If working, the image should remain as distance from it occurs. If not, the screen will go black or fuzzy as the distance increases. (See video + images below).
- Open a blank project
- Create a Render target and a new material in content browser
- In the new material make a texture sampler that references the render target
- Plug it into base color
- Open the render target and check "Auto Generate Mips"
- Create a scene capture 2d in the map and select the render target as the texture target
- Apply the material to a simply cube and fly towards and away from it
the cube will fade to black as you get further away.
The cube uses the auto generated mip levels for further distances.