Negative scaled static mesh components in a blueprint will invert their faces when converted to a static mesh.
Note that this does not happen in the following situations:
Broken: 4.14 Binary CL-3224400
Broken: 4.15 Dev-Editor CL-3239328
Included a screenshot of the converted actor showing the normals not inverted but the faces are.
1. Create a New Blueprint
2. Add any static mesh component to it.
3. Set the scale so negative values for the static mesh component.
4. Add the BP to the scene.
5. Right Click > Convert XX to Static Mesh
6. save the Static Mesh and open the SM Editor or add to the scene
Results: Static Meshes components in a BP that are negative scaled will invert the faces.
Update: Alternate Repro Steps (Since
UE-42889 was determined duplicate)
1. Create a BP and Add a static mesh component
2. Via BP, Set Scale of mesh or root to 1,-1,1 (Any set scale node will repro)
3. Place BP in level, Observe flipped normals.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.