Oculus store does not accept APKs signed with v2 signing from Gradle.
1. Create project for Gear VR
2. Enable shipping (distribution) in project settings
3. Remove Oculus Signature Files from Distribution APK checked
4. Enable Gradle in Android project settings
5. Package for Android
6. use "apksigner verify -v <apk>" to make sure it doesn't have "Verified using v2 scheme (APK Signature Scheme v2): true" in the output
note: apksigner.bat is in the android-sdk-windows/build-tools/[version]
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-48354 in the post.