Two local variables with the same name in two different functions still interact with each other in some way. This was reported in TTP 346132 and fixed in that case, but currently if a local variable is in use in one function, a local variable with the same name in a different function cannot change its type, which would normally indicate that it is in use.
1. Launch: UE4Editor.exe (any project)
2. Open a Blueprint
3. Create a new Function (FunctionOne)
4. Create a Local Variable named TestVar
5. Add a Get TestVar to the FunctionOne graph
6. Create a new Function (FunctionTwo)
7. Create a Local Variable named TestVar
The variable type of the new Local Variable in the second function cannot be changed while the Local Variable with the same name is in use in the first function
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.