If the GameInstance set in Project Settings > Maps & Modes > Game Instance Class is renamed or moved to another folder, the Game Instance Class is switched to None. This causes a launched game to crash.
1. Launch: UE4Editor.exe (any project)
2. Create a new GameInstance Blueprint
3. Set Project Settings > Maps & Modes > Game Instance Class to the new GameInstance BP
4. Change the name of the BP
5. Note the Game Instance Class in Project Settings is switched to None
6. Play in Standalone Game
The game crashes with no Game Instance referenced
When the GameInstance referenced is moved or renamed, the Game Instance Class is changed with it and not switched to None
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.