If you manually type in the value for Capsule Half Height, it will sometimes revert back to it's previous value upon hitting Enter. The CapsuleComponent's shape in the Blueprint's Viewport adjust to the new number even if the number reverts back to its previous value, however the collision in the level editor viewport seems to update the Capsule Radius but not the Capsule Half Height in this circumstance.
The user reports it getting worse over time, but I was not able to verify this. It seems to happen once every 2 or 3 times you manually enter the value in these fields.
The problem is that we clamp the values in PostEditChange. Right now the order is:
So the instance ends up differing from the CDO, and no further propagation will happen.
I changed the code in 2373655 so that it doesn't modify/clamp values other than the one that was modified, which I think is needed, but this underlying problem still needs fixing.
1. Launch: UE4Editor.exe
2. Create a new Third Person Blueprint template project
3. Drag the MyCharacter BP into the level (make sure Show Collision is on in the Viewport)
4. Open the MyCharacter Blueprint
5. In the Components tab, select the CapsuleComponent
6. Enter 90 in the Capsule Half Height and Capsule Radius fields
7. Note the updated capsule shape in the BP view and the level Viewport
8. Enter 45 in the Capsule Half Height and Capsule Radius fields
After hitting Enter with the 45 Capsule Half Height value, the field changes it back to 90. The shape in the Blueprint's view reflects the 45 value, as does the shape in the level Viewport. After entering 45 in the Capsule Radius field, the shape in the Blueprint's view reflects the 45, 45 values but the shape in the level Viewport reflects the 90, 45 values.
Note: it usually happens pretty quickly, but it may take adjusting both values a few times
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.