Project has been attached for easier Replication & Reproduction. (See TileMaps.Zip)
- Delete all content in scene.
- Import a texture for a tilemap.
- Apply paper 2 settings.
- Create tileset.
- Create tilemap.
- Place tilemap in scene, flat (x as -90).
- Duplicate default paper 2D material with one that is lit. Make sure that the tileset is using a "masked" blend mode. Apply to the tilemap.
- Place a bright point-light above the tilemap, observe results. Bug: light's radius is not fully visible against the tilemap.
- Rotate the tilemap along Z, observe results. Bug: light's radius will rotate.
- Place a directional light in scene. Set the directional light to be pointed directly downwards, towards the tilemap. Bug: tilemap will no be affected by the directional light.
- Rotate the tilemap so that it's x value is no longer -90, but 0, observe results. Bug: tilemap is now lit by the directional light even though they are directed perpendicularly to one another.
- Rotate the tilemap back to -90 along X.
- Open the material applied to the tilemap.
- Set the blend mode to "Translucent". Observe results. Tilemap will appear to be properly lit.
Expected: Tile maps are lit in logical ways regardless of their blend modes.
Result: When the material's Blend mode is set to "Masked": Point / box / spot light radius is not fully visible against the Tilemap. Tilemap is affected by directional lights at incorrect angles.