Crashes in UGameplayStatics::GetPlayerController, probably because World is NULL.
When you package this vehicle game setup or play in standalone, the game will crash.
4.6.1 release crash (Standalone): [Link Removed]
Main (Standalone): [Link Removed]
Main (Packaged): [Link Removed]
1) Load up a New Vehicle Template Project
2) When the project loads, Right click in the content browser to create a new blueprint
3) Select Game Instance for the Blueprint class
4) Right click in the content browser again
5) Create a Widget Blueprint (Nothing has to be done to this blueprint, it is just there for a reference)
6) Double click to open the Game Instance BP
7) Set up the Blueprint as it is shown in the photo attached (The widget node is referencing the Widget BP)
8) Compile and save everything
9) Select the dropdown next to the play option and select Play Stand alone
9) Package the project for windows (64-bit)
10) After packaged, find the project in Windows Explorer
11) Double click the .exe to open the project
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.