When running a packaged build of a project with a level with a landscape that has a material assigned it will crash (shipping build) or not retain the assigned material (development build).
There is no crash report that appears.
Found in 4.23.0 CL#8386587
1. Create a new project.
2. Create a new default scene.
3. Create a new material and make it a solid color.
4. Create a landscape and assign the new material.
5. Set the new level to project startup default map.
6. Package two different builds (Development & Shipping).
7. Play the packaged builds.
Expected: The Landscape material exports with the package and doesn't crash (shipping build).
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to AnswerHub just mention UE-80016 in the post.