The collision of objects moving at high speeds seems to move in front of the object. The faster the object is moving, the further the collision will be from the mesh.
Forum post with other users:
1. Download the users attached project & unzip it
2. Once loaded, double-click the 'Testing_Level' from the content browser
3. Once loaded, Play-In-Editor
4. The camera will sweep down to the planet
5. Double-click on and around the planet several times
6. All line-trace hits will register (screenshot #1)
7. Press the #5 key to increase the planets speed
8. Double-click on and around the planet several times
9. The line-trace hits will register on a collision that is slightly ahead of the planet (screenshot #2 - Red square is where clicked)
10. Press the # 9 key to increase the planet speed even more
11. Repeat the test
Results: No line-trace hits will not register at all, like no collision is present (screenshot #3)
Expected: For the collision to be on the mesh at any speed
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.