This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
When a hot reload occurs in the editor, if the component of a placed actor is selected then focus will switch from the component to the actor's root. This can be confusing when the root is a code class since certain Detail elements "disappear" (such as the transform)
1. Open UE4 Editor (any project)
2. Add code to project based on actor (MyActor)
4. Add instance of MyActor to the scene
5. Click the green Add Component button to add a Cone static mesh
6. In Visual Studio add the following to the header file:
7. In the editor, make sure MyActor1 is selected in the scene and that the Cone is selected in the Details panel
8. Compile the code in Visual Studio or Editor
After hot reload the focus in the Details panel will switch from the Cone Static Mesh to the MyActor1 (Instance)
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.