Blueprint's with an instanced static mesh that has instance components added via construction script will fail to build lighting correctly when the pivot is placed outside the lights radius.
This happens specifically when using the Build button in the toolbar. If selecting build lighting only everything works as intended.
See attached video.
1. Open UE4
2. Create a New Level
3. Place a floor mesh, point light (radius 500)
4. Create a BP with component Instanced Static Mesh
5. Setup the instance via the construction script (use attached image for reference)
6. Place the BP in the level with the pivot inside the lights radius
8. Lighting appears correctly
9. Move BP Pivot outside of light radius
11. Lighting is messed up
12. Build > Build Lighting Only
13. Lighting appears correctly
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.