An Actor BP with an editable variable that references another Actor in the level will reference multiple examples of that Actor if it is duplicated.
Reproduced in 4.7.2 binary and Main (//depot/UE4/Promotable-CL-2473270)
1. Open a new Third Person template project
2. Create a new Actor BP
3. Add an Editable variable of type Trigger Box
4. Click the green On Actor Begin Overlap button in the Events section of the Details panel
5. Self > Get Display Name > Print String
6. Drop the BP into the level
7. Drop a Trigger Box into the level
8. Select the BP and assign the Trigger Box to it
9. Alt + Drag the BP Actor to duplicate it
10. Drop a second Trigger Box into the level
11. Assign the second Trigger Box to the duplicated BP
13. Run over the second Trigger Box
14. Run over the first Trigger Box
The second Trigger Box correctly outputs the name of the duplicated BP Actor. The first Trigger Box outputs the names of both BP Actors.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.