BluepirntNativeEvents only appear in a blueprint of the specified class rather than in a blueprint that has the specified component class added to the blueprint
If a function is marked as BlueprintNativeEvent inside of a class that inherits from a component (Scene component, Actor component, etc) then the function cannot be called in a blueprint with the component.
This is inconsistent with the same code in an a class that inherits from Actor where the function can be called and a red event node appears.
1. Open UE4Editor (Any project)
2. Add code to project based on Scene Component (MySceneComponent)
3. In the header file add the following:
4. In the source, add empty Implementation for the function
6. Create a blueprint and add MyScene component to it
7. In event graph, try calling MyEvent from the Scene component
The call to MyEvent of the scene component cannot be made. Following steps 2-5 using an Actor class (MyActor) instead of Scene Component, then creating a BP of MyActor will allow a red MyEvent node to be created in the event graph.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.