If "Scale with Width" is set on a landscape spline with a plane mesh, the plane will offset on the Z axis. In most other cases, scaling along the z axis does not affect planes.
1. Download and unzip attached zip file
2. add contents of zip file to a blank project with no additional content
3. Open project
4. Open Map in Maps folder
5. Go to Landscape>Manage mode
6. Select Edit Splines from dropdown menu
7. Select a spline node from the splines located nearest the landscape
8. Go to the details pane and increase the Width of the spline.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.