If a user opens gameplay debugger ( ' pressed while in PIE), all print string outputs to screen disappear, and will no longer appear during any PIE session until editor is closed and re-opened.
Workaround: Pressing ' a second time will remove Gameplay Debug mode, allowing tick to be seen again. If a user enters PIE, they can press ' twice to go back into Gameplay Debug mode, then turn it off again to see the print string.
1. Open Editor (any project)
2. Create new actor blueprint
3. Put a copy of blueprint into level
4. Open actor blueprint>EventGraph
5. Create Event On Begin tick and Print String node
6. Connect the nodes, compile blueprint
7. Exit blueprint, press PIE
8. Press ' while in PIE
9. Close PIE
10. Re-open PIE
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.