When setting up a scene with a persistent level and any sublevel that contains a landscape that is loaded via load stream level node in the level BP can cause the ILC to not be correctly assigned for a movable object or any objects that use the ILC for their lighting.
I have a test scene attached that goes through several different scenarios in testing this with specific assets and ILCQ designations for volume or point.
This is some additional notes for what I've found while investigating this.
1. Open UE4
2. Create a map (persistent) with one additional level (sub Level 1)
3. In Persistent Level BP set up an event begin play to load stream level for the sub level
4. Place a movable object in the sub level
5. Add a landscape (I used a very small one for this test)
6. Build Lighting (inclusion of LIV makes no difference)
Results: (more detailed notes in comments) This looks like the ILCQ for any foliage object using static lighting only or movable object using the ILCQ for lighting is not being loaded when a landscape is in the scene. This is not true if just using static meshes.
Expected: Movable objects and foliage object using the ILCQ for their lighting should load in properly when a map is streamed in.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-17784 in the post.