When using a capsule component for the character with CCD enabled there can be a force that pulls or pushes simulated meshes that are never touched by the capsule. Demonstration video attached.
As a note: Increasing Mass to an exponentially high value does not stop this from happening either.
1. Open U4 (Third Person Template)
2. Place Cube with simulate physics on in the scene
3. Open ThirdPersonCharacter BP
4. Select the CapsuleComponent and set Use CCD to true in the details panel.
6. Bump into cube at least once, and then run around it or by it without touching the cube. (enter console command PXVIS COLLISION to see where the capsule collision is more easily)
If using Demo Project:
1. Open Project
3. Run around boxes and collide. Then run around boxes till
Results: After initially bumping a object simulating physics with CCD turned on on a capsulecomponent in the character it will act like a force is pulling/pushing the object, even if it does not directly contact the character.
Expected: CCD turned on on the capsule component of the character will not result in a push/pull effect if the collision does not hit the mesh.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.