If a skeletal mesh component is has SetTickableWhenPaused set to true then the editor will crash when the game is paused. This happens when set in blueprint or code.
1. Open UE4Editor (third person project)
2. Add blueprint based on actor (MyActorBP)
3. add skeletal mesh component to MyActorBP
4. In event graph, add Event BeginPlay and wire into Set Tickable When Paused (set to true)
5. Add Event for KeyPress (P) and wire into Set Game Paused node (set to true)
6. Set Auto Receive Input to Player0
7. Add instance of BP to level
8. PIE and press "P"
Editor crashes immediately
Skeletal mesh continues ticking when the game is paused.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.