Distance Field shadows are culled for larger meshes at certain angles of the cameras view position.
Map with reproduced setup is attached.
1. Open Project with Distance Fields enabled
2. Copy attached Map with setup and camera position to project.
3. Using Full Screen Mode seems to help reproduce this more easily, but may take moving around close to the shadows before it will reproduce in 4.10 (Main CL-2635815)
1. Place the editor Cube mesh scaled large (30x)
2. Set the Directional Light to a low angle
3. Move the camera in towards the shadow facing away from the light source.
4. Move the camera around to see world tiles culling.
Results: If you move the camera at certain angles the entire shadow will cull for the distance field rather than just parts of the tile grid.
Expected: Entire mesh shadow will not be culled.
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over toAnswerHub just mention UE-19616 in the post.