In the Mannequin's default third person animations, the root bone is rotated Z forward/Y down resulting in IK's for hands and feet not aligning correctly.
The result being that the joints that are meant to align with the hands now jet out on the ground in front of the character and the feet IKs do not align properly either.
*See attached image
*In the attached AHUB URL there is also a video clearly demonstrating what occurs when mixing the default animations with an animation with the root bone set up correctly.
1. In UE4.9.1 open a Third Person Blueprint project
2. In Content/Mannequin/Animation open any Third Person Anim Sequence
3. In Viewport, select show bones (Show bone names optional)
4. Select the Skeleton tab, then select the root bone in the skeleton outliner
5. Zoom in to the root bone and inspect
NOTE: The root bone is rotated so Z is facing forward and Y is facing down, causing the IKs to not align with the skeleton properly
EXPECTED: The root bone to be rotated so that Z is facing up and Y is facing forward. This will result in the IK's aligning with the hands and feet as intended.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.