This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
Using Subversion on a Mac to connect to an online repository causes the Source Control settings window to hang indefinitely and never succeed in connecting
1. Download a subversion client (I used Versions: [Link Removed])
2. Create a repository with subversion using the following credentials:
User name: epicgames
3. Right-click the "problem" directory in the Browse tab of Versions and "Checkout" the directory.
4. Choose a directory and press Ok to checkout a Working Copy
5. Open jjf.uproject and open the Source Control settings window
6. Fill in the following information:
User Name: epicgames
Result: The source control window is never able to connect to source control but doesn't fail either.
Expected: The source control connection should either succeed or fail within a reasonable amount of time
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.