The licensee has provided an animation created in 3DSMax where the Weapon Bone is stationary to which they attach a weapon socket in the editor. However, once imported into the editor, the Weapon Bone now rotates at the base, causing the weapon attached to the socket to rotate as well, which is not the desired effect.
*See attached image
1. Open the attached file in 3DSMax
2. Play animation and note that the Weapon bone is stationary at the base
3. Export animation from 3DSMax as an FBX file
4. Import animation from FBX
5. (Optional step) Add socket to Weapon Bone (right hand)
6. NOTE: The base of the Weapon Bone now rotates whereas in 3DS Max it was stationary
7. If this is not readily apparent, add weapon to socket and note that the weapon mesh follows the rotation animation at about frames 30 -35. This is not desired and does not occur in 3DSMax
EXPECTED: The socket to remain stationary as it does in the 3D Graphics Program it originated from
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-23774 in the post.