Creating a C++ class based on actor and adding components to it will build successfully and work as expected. However, creating two child blueprints of a parent that is based on that C++ class and placing them in the level will cause this error message to appear upon restarting the editor: "Failed Import for SceneComponent <FilePath of the Child Blueprints>". This did not seem to occur until I added a reference to the scene component to the parent blueprint, and then restarted the editor. When the import fails, the components will still appear in the child blueprints, but they will do nothing if you edit them.
Although I created components of various types, this issue only seems to occur when the scene component is added and referenced.
Found in 4.10 binary. Reproduced in 4.9.2 and Main CL 2777621
1. Open the editor
2. Create a c++ class based on Actor
3. Add a scene component to the class and initialize it
5. In the editor, create a blueprint based on the Actor-based class (Parent)
6. Create two child blueprints based on the Parent class
7. Add a reference to the scene component to the Parent BPs Event Graph
8. Drag the three blueprints into the level
9. Save all
10. Restart the editor
Result: Failed Import for SceneComponent message will appear once you open the editor back up.
Expected: The project would open up without issue.
Head over to the existingAnswerHub thread and let us know what's up.