When triggering overlap events with a Static Mesh using Complex Collision as Simple, the overlap Begin and End events will be triggered rapidly in sequence.
Changing to Default collision will fix this.
1. Create a new project based off the Third Person template with Starter Content
2. Create a new actor blueprint, add a static mesh component and set the static mesh to Shape_Cube
3. In the static mesh's collision settings, change the collision settings to the following:
Generate Overlap Events: True
Collision Preset: Custom
Collision Enabled: Query Only
Object Type: Pawn
Collision Responses: Ignore all except Pawn
4. In the event graph, add an Event ActorBeginOverlap node and an Event ActorEndOverlap node and connect a print string to each.
5. In the static mesh settings for the Shape_Cube blueprint, change the Collison Complexity to Use Complex Collision As Simple
6. Add an instance of the new blueprint to the level and hit Play
7. Overlap the new blueprint with your character
Result: The print strings are called rapidly
Expected: Only the first print string should be called upon overlap, and the other called upon ending the overlap.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.