Licensee reported issue with recent changes to sorting that include volume-weighting. Previously, the sort was just due to priority (which was usually 1.0 and thus the sort was nearly random) and had a good chance of not voice-stealing sounds already playing that become zero-volume. Now, zero-volume sounds will become voice stolen so won't play when volumes are non-zero.
The effect of this is easy to reproduce:
1) Play a 3d attenuated looping sound with obvious progression (like a dialogue or music file)
2) Turn on stat sounds or stat soundwaves to observe volumes of playing sound.
3) Walk away from looping sound to past the attenuation radius so the sound is now zero volume.
4) Observe sounds stopping and not displaying in stat display when reaching zero volume.
5) Walk back into attenuation radius
6) Observe that the sound is restarted from scratch
There's no existing public thread on this issue, so head over to Questions & Answers just mention UE-26091 in the post.