This issue has been closed as 'Won't Fix' due to an extended period of time without updates. If this issue is important to you please let us know by posting on the AnswerHub or UDN, and Epic will re-open the ticket for further review.
When using a Destructible Mesh in a bluprint and trying to return the Hit Bone Name will result in "none" being printed. However, using a simply line trace from the individual bone names from a fractured mesh can be returned.
1. Create a Destructible.
2. Add this to a Blueprint
3. Use a OnComponentHit Event
4. Pull off the Hit and get a Break Hit Result
5. Pull off the Hit Bone Name and plug into a Print String node
6. Set the DM in the BP to simulate Physics
7. Enable Simulation Generates Hit Events
8. Drag the BP in the scene
Results: When the DM is hit the bones that are hit return "none" instead of the bone name.
Expected: hit bone name should be returned.
Head over to the existing Questions & Answers thread and let us know what's up.